Saturday 6 April 2013

48/365

Ta da!
My elder daughter, who lives in Glasgow where is it often cold and wet, requested a pair of thick socks to wear with her Doc Martens.  So I knitted her these.

I found the pattern on Ravelry (Sarah Moore's Snow Day socks which you can find here).  I used Rico Essentials Soft Merino Aran, of which I bought three balls but used just over two.  They are a softer green than the photo suggests.

In contrast to all the other socks I've knitted these were worked from the toe up, which I think I now prefer.  The heel was a doddle to turn.

I love the way they slouch round the ankle.  So much so that I think I may knit another pair for myself!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, they look lovely and cosy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic. I'm hoping they'll keep her tootsies warm until the sun reappears.

      Delete