Friday 13 April 2012

Pogasca


I love Rachel Khoo but, just to illustrate my eclectic taste in cookery programmes, I also love The Hairy Bikers, despite (or maybe because) of their devil may care attitude to political correctness.

I've been following their latest series (Hairy Bikers' Bakeation) with mixed interest.  I very much enjoyed their journeys through Norway and Eastern Europe, but wasn't as impressed with the others.  Maybe it was the scenery or maybe the recipes.  I don't know.

One recipe that caught my attention was for Pogasca (bacon scones).  I tried them out at our reading group this evening where they were well received.  The handful that are left will go nicely with a bowl of soup tomorrow lunchtime.

The book we were discussing this evening was The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht, set in the Balkans, next door to Hungary, so there was a bit of a theme going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment