Monday 16 April 2012

Easter Holiday Plans Revisited

Now that the Easter holidays are over and I've returned to work it's time to revisit those challenges I set myself.
  1. Spring clean the house:  Well, I managed a few cupboards in the kitchen, throwing out a bag of food dating back to the early 90s.  Yikes!  I also binned a bag of old cassettes and lugged two sacks of clothes down to a charity shop.
  2. Read Colm Toibin's Story of the Night and Tea Obreht's The Tiger's Wife:  I'm still only half way through the first, but I finished the second just in time for our reading group last Friday.
  3. Draw up a 4 week menu plan:  Success!  And it's colour coded, and it comes with a shopping list, and it's now clipped to the fridge door for everyone to see.
  4. Create a sourdough starter and start making my own bread:  Another tick!  My wild yeast starter took over a week to get going but when it did it was quite dramatic, erupting over the sides of the jar and spreading out over the piano.
  5. Knit 5 granny squares a day:  I only met this challenge on one day but my pile of finished squares is several inches higher.
 Well done?  Could have done better?  I'll leave you to decide.

As for me, I enjoyed a break from work, spent time with my family and friends, went to two concerts, saw two films, visited the Tower of London,  ate out , baked buns and cakes and managed to post most days!  I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment