Monday 8 September 2008

Bristol's very own Zero Waste Challenge Week

Bristol City Council has just announced its very own Zero Waste Challenge Week (Monday 29 September - Sunday 5 October). For anyone who lives in the Bristol area you will find details of this challenge here.

Spurred on by Mrs Green's success I am going to see how close I can get ... and, who knows, I may even go all the way! But whatever I achieve will be better than doing nothing and I hope the good burghers of Bristol will feel the same. I hope to chart my progress on this blog and will be grateful for as much encouragement and advice as you can offer.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray...it's happening in Bristol. Now I am very excited...I can't wait to see how it goes. I'll dig out my audit sheet and get you on the right track straight away. How wonderful ;-D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gai,

    It is fantastic to see your area taking up the challenge. This is the future with council/Zero Waste enthusiasts cooperation.

    The experience of Mrs' Average and Green will be a massive help in your attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, my name is Sam, a reporter for the Evening Post. We will be running a series of stories about the zero waste challenge and are looking for people who are planning on taking part to follow their progress in the paper, and you sound ideal! If you're interested, or know someone who is, please give me a ring on 0117 934 3318 or email s.rkaina@bepp.co.uk cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gai,

    Containers play a central part in plastic packaging avoidance. I use plastic freezer boxes, though Beth at fakeplasticfish suggests metal containers. Sustainable Dave at 365daysoftrash also uses cotton string-closed bags for commodities.These are alternatives worth considering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John - I went through a Tupperware phase and have a cupboardful of containers of all shapes and sizes. They last forever so I shouldn't need to buy any more for a long long time.

    ReplyDelete