Tuesday 1 January 2008

2008

I'm not sure how I feel about the beginning of a new year, except the fear that if I don't do things differently it will be the same as last year and the one before that .... Not that there was anything desperately wrong with any of the last few years. Apart from the death of my dad in March, which still makes me feel very sad, there were many good times. But the new year is the time to take stock and move on and I'm not sure how to do so.

One thing I would like to find, which may prove to be crucial, is a spiritual home. Somewhere where I can stop pretending to be someone else and feel free to be me, vulnerable to others and to God. My local church is full of some lovely people but there is no space just to 'be' with each other - body, mind and spirit. There's always too much stuff in the way.

I have no idea where, if anywhere, I am going to find this 'home' but I am resolved to try.

Happy(?) new year!

2 comments:

  1. I've just re-read a blog I compiled exactly one year ago (http://bigdaddystevieb.blogspot.com/2007/01/spiritual-journey.html) which echoes many of your sentiments. The two things I had "plugged in" to my own 2007 agenda certainly helped me enormously (together with my increased links with "Foundation" and continued support from "mayBe") - although I still sense a spiritual vacuum (and I know Moira feels much the same). Perhaps we need to get together over some food and red wine to exchange thoughts!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gareth

    I've just changed the text of yesterday's blog to make it more succinct. It now says,

    'If your teachers are spoiling a good story by making you say every word out loud - ignore them.' (Ben)

    It may change again - as I negotiate the wording with my son (who is nine). We have different opinions about style, accuracy and grammar . . . !

    ReplyDelete